Pages

Sunday, October 28, 2012

What's the Point

Sometimes I have existential crises.

I ask questions such as,
             "What's the meaning of life?"
and 
             "What's my purpose?"

My purpose is to glorify God and to be in relationship with him. How?

By being a testimony to the redeeming work he has done in my life. How?

By using my past experiences to help others through their present experiences and pointing them to the One who has seen me through. I remember when I realized this during my addiction. I was at my lowest and that idea gave me hope.

Hope that what I was going through would not be purposeless. That I was not just suffering to suffer.

Hope that God could redeem my story and use my pain to bring hope and healing to the lives of others.  

I decided that when, not if, I was free of my bondage I would share the amazing work God had done in my life. How could I not?

God is in the business of redemption. He wants to redeem you. your life. your story. 

And when you experience His redemption, how can you not share it?

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.                                                 2 Corinthians 1:3,4 

No comments:

Post a Comment