Pages

Saturday, November 17, 2012

We Teach Life, Sir

If you're not aware of what has been going on in Gaza and Israel this week, go get yourself caught up. Then watch the spoken word piece below by a Palestinian woman. 

While listening to this poem, I was surprised by how much I felt for these people- Israelis and Palestinians alike. I was pleasantly surprised. Mourning for the loss of life overseas made me feel human. 

I can't even imagine what it would be like to grow up or live in an area where bombs are consistently going off. Even, in the USA there are children who live in places where gunshots are what they fall asleep to every night. The violence and hatred in our world is insane. 

Regardless of how you feel about the situation, allow this piece to move you. We are all human. We should all be teaching life. 




No comments:

Post a Comment