Pages

Saturday, August 18, 2012

#Impresario

Today was a great day! Two of my friends from college came up to visit and we ended up spending hours milling around Madison and sitting out on the lake.
Lake Monona
I brought up the topic of not knowing what I wanted to do with my life- or more specifically, not knowing the next step to take. I know what area I want to be in. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am all about sexuality and the Church. So now what? There aren't any well-developed graduate school programs dealing with sexuality as it has only recently become a hot topic. I don't know of any jobs that focus solely on sexuality and the Church (if you know of any, let me know!).

The more we talked, the more we realized that I do have an idea of where I want to go and what a next step could be. I have a few projects started, I've just never gone back to finish them. I'm too scared!

I know this is bigger than me. I don't want to be the center of attention. I don't want to be in the middle of a controversial topic. I don't want to lose control of whatever kind of beast this will become.

One of my friends reminded me that God says, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in your weakness." Even in those areas that I may feel weak, God has promised to remain faithful. He is waiting for me to step into the life He has for me. And let's just be real, it is ALL about Him to begin with.

Every moment I choose to live in fear and not step into the path God has set before me, I'm giving the evil one a small victory. God hasn't called me to live in fear!

So look out! because I have no idea what's comin'!

Amy, myself, and Keila

Quick shoutout to my girl, Keila! You should follow her on Twitter and check out her new project, Daddy Broke My Heart (Twitter), for all of us whose relationships with our dads were/are far from perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment